CACCA Postcard Competition March 6th:
Over the last few years, quite a few of our members have participated in the annual CACCA Postcard Competition, with considerable success. This year’s contest will be held at Mayslake on March 6 with all of our entries entered into the CACCA event held on April 8. Below are some of the pertinent rules from the CACCA website. Remember you are allowed 2 entries and all entries, not just the ones selected as “winners‟ at our local competition, will be entered in the CACCA contest. Get in on the fun!!
CACCA Postcard Competition Rules:
1. Each participating photographer must be a current member in good standing of a CACCA
camera club chapter. A maximum of two postcard entries are allowed per member, regardless of
the number of CACCA camera club chapters the member may belong to.
2. The front of each postcard entry must be in the form of a 4 inch x 6 inch photographic print,
either color or monochrome, oriented horizontally or vertically, with or without a border.
3. While alphanumeric text or symbols in any color or font/type/style is permitted, names or
monograms indicating the maker‟s identity must not appear on the front of the entry.
4. The back of each postcard entry must display image title, maker name, email address and/or
phone number, and camera club name.
5. Entries must be submitted as follows: After screening each postcard entry to ensure
compliance with the above rules, local camera club officers/reps are to bring their club members‟
entries to the postcard competition room at the CACCA meeting no later than 10:30 a.m. on
April 8, 2017 for judging. Non-complying entries will be disqualified. No entries will be accepted
via US Mail.
6. While digital modifications are freely allowed, the postcard entry is to be wholly the work of
7. Entries will be judged on impact, creativity, image quality, and fulfillment of the general
characteristics of a good postcard as the judges discern. A Best of Show will be chosen as well
as Awards and Honorable Mentions, and ribbons will be issued accordingly.
8. All camera clubs will be notified of the winning entries and their makers. Non-winning
postcard entries will be returned to the applicable CACCA member clubs.
9. Winning postcard entries will be retained by CACCA and mounted on a presentation panel for
display at the 2017 CACCA Awards Banquet.